Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wischbone
Advocate I
Advocate I

Create a folder for a dynamic SharePoint site using Flow

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a specific folder for a  given SharePoint site when a certain condition happens.  The scenario is that we have many SP sites so when I need to create this folder, the first step is to determine what SP site it needs to be created under which will be dynamic and determined during the Flow process based on the customer (i.e. the site).  I have tried using the new Create Folder action for SP in flow and using a variable for the site URL that I gather during the flow but it errors and the folder never gets created.

SP Site Folder Creation Error.pngSP Site Folder Creation Error1.png

Any ideas of how to resolve this?

Much thanks,

Donald Wisch

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @wischbone 

You should be able to pass dynamic values and create folders. I have tested this and working as expected.

Couple of things to debug this.

1. Select the site address from the dropdownlist

2. Select the list or library from the dropdownlist

Try to run this and see if that works. This should work because we have hardcoded all the values using dropdown lists.

Next copy the exact content from the drop down lists (Site - https onwards) and copy the value under the string variable then map the dynamic content.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

Hi @wischbone ,

When you configure Site Address and List or Library filed, it is recommended to choose Site and Library from Dropdown list.

151.PNG

If the library is Document Library, you could click Enter Custom value and manually input Documents in List or Library.

Like:

153.PNG

Besides, when you configure Folder Path, please ensure the General and Support folder exists.

Please take a try again and feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @wischbone 

In the "Create Support Case Folder" action, the list or library parameter should only be "Shared%20Documents", and then the folder path should be "General/Support/Case Number". Could you try this?

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

I'll give that a try and let you know how it goes... Thank you so very much!

Hi @fchopo 

I made the changes but it still errors.

SP Site Folder Creation Error.pngSP Site Folder Creation Error2.png

@fchopo  thanks in advance for you help with this!!!

abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @wischbone 

You should be able to pass dynamic values and create folders. I have tested this and working as expected.

Couple of things to debug this.

1. Select the site address from the dropdownlist

2. Select the list or library from the dropdownlist

Try to run this and see if that works. This should work because we have hardcoded all the values using dropdown lists.

Next copy the exact content from the drop down lists (Site - https onwards) and copy the value under the string variable then map the dynamic content.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

Hi @wischbone ,

When you configure Site Address and List or Library filed, it is recommended to choose Site and Library from Dropdown list.

151.PNG

If the library is Document Library, you could click Enter Custom value and manually input Documents in List or Library.

Like:

153.PNG

Besides, when you configure Folder Path, please ensure the General and Support folder exists.

Please take a try again and feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @abm !!! 

thanks @v-bacao-msft !!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,038)