Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jutopi
Level: Powered On

Create a google event with planner info

Hello,

I am strating using planner with my office 365 licence that i get in school. I create planner task for my homework, the bucket correspond to the matter (for example math), the title is the homework i have to do and the due date is the date i have to send my homework.

I would like to create an event on my google calendar when i create a planner task but i have issues to use planner information to create my event. And if it is possible create a notification on my mobile phone one day before the due day (optional).

help-microsoft.jpg

1 - I would like to put the morning due date (for example if the due date on planner is 20/08/2018 i would like the event start at 7:00 AM 20/08/2018

2 - I would like the event last 1h so if it starts at 7:00 AM 20/08/2018 it end at 8:00 AM 20/08/2018

3 - I would like the bucket name and the word homework (for example " math - homework") 

4 - I would like my planner task name in descrition

Thank you in advance for your help, i am a beginner with office 365 and i would like to progress 🙂 

PS : sorry for my bad english, i am French if you don't understand something i can explain 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create a google event with planner info

Hi @jutopi,

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

1. The formatDateTime() function sets the time of the Due Date to 7:00, but because of the UTC, GMT time format, you may not fill in 7:00 here, it may be a time larger or smaller than this number.
You could adjust by 7:00 and then see how much difference is expected from the expected value in Google Calendar, I set 12:00 here.

formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['dueDateTime'],'yyyy-MM-ddT12:mm:ssZ')

2. Since the time lasts for an hour, you only need to add the 1 by using the addHours() function on the previous step.

addHours(formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['dueDateTime'],'yyyy-MM-ddT12:mm:ssZ'),1)

3. Only through the trigger, you couldn't get the bucket name, so you need to get all the buckets through the List buckets action, and then judge by comparing the id of the Bucket, and get the bucket name.
4. Fill the Task title

Image reference:

18.PNG

It work, as below:

19.PNG

As for "create a notification on my mobile phone one day before the due day",  you could use the Delay Until action to send a Mobile notification with the addDays("Due day", -1) function.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jutopi,

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

1. The formatDateTime() function sets the time of the Due Date to 7:00, but because of the UTC, GMT time format, you may not fill in 7:00 here, it may be a time larger or smaller than this number.
You could adjust by 7:00 and then see how much difference is expected from the expected value in Google Calendar, I set 12:00 here.

formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['dueDateTime'],'yyyy-MM-ddT12:mm:ssZ')

2. Since the time lasts for an hour, you only need to add the 1 by using the addHours() function on the previous step.

addHours(formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['dueDateTime'],'yyyy-MM-ddT12:mm:ssZ'),1)

3. Only through the trigger, you couldn't get the bucket name, so you need to get all the buckets through the List buckets action, and then judge by comparing the id of the Bucket, and get the bucket name.
4. Fill the Task title

Image reference:

18.PNG

It work, as below:

19.PNG

As for "create a notification on my mobile phone one day before the due day",  you could use the Delay Until action to send a Mobile notification with the addDays("Due day", -1) function.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

jutopi
Level: Powered On

Thank you for your perfect solution 🙂 it's working great and I put mobile notification.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 183 members 5,909 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: