cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Power Participant
Power Participant

Create a group event (Your request can't be completed. The Event.End property for an all-day event needs to be set to midnight.)

Hi im trying to create a group event based on start and end date column from a Microsoft forms output.

Everything works, except if the user selects only 1 day.

I get the following error.

Your request can't be completed. The duration of an event marked as All day must be at least 24 hours.

I did try the solution below. And the  i get the following error instead.

Your request can't be completed. The Event.End property for an all-day event needs to be set to midnight.

addSeconds(triggerBody()?['EndDate'],2)

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Create-Event-How-to-create-an-all-day-event-in-Ou... 

2020-03-30 14_58_50-Manage your flows _ Microsoft Power Automate.png

13 REPLIES 13
Power Participant
Power Participant

I tried addDays and set star date to minus 1 but this messes up the booking.

I cant really do anything says startdate needs to be set to midnight and so does end date.

I really don't know how to come around this, seems that the Create a group event V2 is limiting this. How can i create an all day event when startdate needs to be midnight and end date needs to be midnight. If i set 24 hours behind for startdate it displays wrong in the calendar.

Please if anyone have a workaorund let me know.

2020-03-31 09_01_06-Run History _ Power Automate.png

Bump

Sorry for bumping this but im not finding any workaround for the Create a group event, plenty that works with the standard create a calendar event but nothing for the create a group event. Not sure if i can use create a calendar event and book in a group calendar?

Would appreciate all the help.

Anyone?

Bump

Bump

Power Participant
Power Participant

Is it even possible to create a 1 day event with flow for a group calendar?

Power Participant
Power Participant

Somone know if it is possible to book a Group event for 1 day using flow, create group event v2?

When you add the start and end dates use:

date Start addMinutes(Startdate_to_add,1)

date end addHours(Enddate_to_add,1)

This will effectively create a 1 hour activity which is overridden by your allday event checkbox

@leyburn19 Thank you but this does not work on "Create a group even (V2)"

Results:

{
  "error": {
    "code": "ErrorInvalidRequest",
    "message": "Your request can't be completed. The Event.Start property for an all-day event needs to be set to midnight.",
    "innerError": {
      "request-id": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
      "date": "2020-06-01T06:44:57"
    }
  }
}

That part only works on the none group event.

1.png

Bumping this again as it currently seems impossible to use "Create a group even (V2)" to book a one day event.

There are some other similar posts on this and I believe you cannot do this in any calendar but you own. So it may be a groups calendar will not accept what you want at this time

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,258)