cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayJustice
Regular Visitor

Create a meeting based on "Response Type" Dynamic content

Hello Everyone,

I am reaching out to see how I can make a Flow where if someone accepts a meeting request, it automatically creates a small 15 minute pre-buffer meeting before the actual meeting takes place. 

Everytime I try to test the flow by accepting a meeting, it shows as "canceled" in the status queue for Flow history.

I believe the issue is that the responseType isn't setup correctly but I am not sure how to fix it. 

I tried using the fields they gave me like, Contains - Accepted, or Starts with - Accepted, but none seems to work.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong and that would be greatly appreciated. 

Picture below

ced.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Chris-J ,

Unfortunately that wouldn't work as my client wants to do this with people who are her clients/external to her organization. 

I just did the test on her email as "User A" against my external email which is "User B" as a test to make sure it works. 

In reality, User A is a person who works for a law company and she would want User B to be her clients when she send them a meeting invite.

Once they, the external user, accepts the meeting then she would like the flow to trigger. 

from reading into this alot, it seems there is no way to track if User B accepted the meeting, and use that as the trigger. I just wanted to make sure so I can let them know. 

I also posted this on reddit, so if I get a reply. I will let you know as well. However if there isn't a way to do this in a couple of days, I will let the client know. 

Thanks for the idea though! Very helpful!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chris-J
Community Support
Community Support

@JayJustice Please try to use 'ResponseType' 'is equal to' 'accepted' in the Condtion. 

Actually, you can check the Output of each action in the run history to verify the exact value of each attribute. 🙂

Snipaste_2020-06-16_11-31-44.jpg

@Chris-J I tried using ResponseType is equal to accepted in the condition then tried to run the flow using the "Test" option to see how the flow process was working.

What I found out is that it saw the ResponseType from the test calendar meeting I made as "Organizer" instead of "accepted". 

I don't know how it was set to "Organizer" and I don't know to change that to "Accepted".

Essentially I did this test by going into a user's Flow.microsoft account to make the flow in there name/account, then I tried making a test meeting and inviting myself using my work email. Once I accept the meeting from my work email's outlook, I would check the client user's outlook calendar to see if the flow worked or I would check the "Test" option in flow. Maybe I am accepting the meeting wrong?

If anyone has an idea as to why it is set as "Organizer" instead of "accepted" or even "NoResponseRecieved" that would probably help me figure out why the flow doesn't trigger. (Or rather why it gets canceled)

Thank you so much for the lead @Chris-J I feel I am close. 

here are pictures to review everything:

ced2.pngced3.pngced4.pngced5.png

@JayJustice If User A sends a meeting request to User B, then the response type from User A side is organizer. Once User B accepts the meeting request, the response type from User B side is accepted. So you can double-check who send the meeting invitation. Hope it helps. 😉

Hello @Chris-J 

This does help as it helps me see why User A's response type is "organizer" within the Flow test.

However does this mean there is no way to make a Flow based on User B accepting the meeting? 

In theory, the only way the flow would trigger correctly is if User B sent the meeting request to User A. However my client is looking for a way for the flow to trigger based on when anyone in the meeting invite accepts the meeting. My client would be most likely making the meetings and invites, so every Responsetype for her would "Organizer" instead of "accepted". (If that makes any sense).

It may not be possible from what I am gathering but I just want to make sure.

Thanks again!

Not sure whether you can share the flow to other members/teams/groups to let them run the flow, you can have a try.

Hello @Chris-J ,

Unfortunately that wouldn't work as my client wants to do this with people who are her clients/external to her organization. 

I just did the test on her email as "User A" against my external email which is "User B" as a test to make sure it works. 

In reality, User A is a person who works for a law company and she would want User B to be her clients when she send them a meeting invite.

Once they, the external user, accepts the meeting then she would like the flow to trigger. 

from reading into this alot, it seems there is no way to track if User B accepted the meeting, and use that as the trigger. I just wanted to make sure so I can let them know. 

I also posted this on reddit, so if I get a reply. I will let you know as well. However if there isn't a way to do this in a couple of days, I will let the client know. 

Thanks for the idea though! Very helpful!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (4,943)