cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrQ
Helper V
Helper V

Create a new record - resource not found?

I would like to create a new record in a table in CDS/Dataverse with the Create a new record (current environment) action.

This table has a lookup field to the invoice table.

Unfortunately, I always receive an error message saying: "Resource not found for the segment 'Invoices'."

I checked a few posts here, as well as some other blog posts that are all saying kinda-the-same. That I should use either:

• <entity plural name>(<GUID>) - e.g. invoices(d2312926-3445-eb11-a812-000d3ada9d6d)
  • /<entity plural name>(<GUID>) - eg. /invoices(d2312926-3445-eb11-a812-000d3ada9d6d)
  • <entity plural name>/<GUID> - eg. invoices/d2312926-3445-eb11-a812-000d3ada9d6d
  • /<entity plural name>/<GUID> - e.g. /invoices/d2312926-3445-eb11-a812-000d3ada9d6d

I tried all that, including case sensitive and singular entity name. Nothing works and I keep getting this error message. 

This is my table I'd like to make the lookup to... so you can see that the plural name is Invoices.

invoices-table.png

Anyone else experienced this or knows how to solve this?

Thanks and merry Xmas!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FabianAckeret
Super User
Super User

Hi @mrQ 

You would need to use the plural NAME, not display name.

In your case, that would be /crc06_invoices(GUID)

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FabianAckeret
Super User
Super User

Hi @mrQ 

You would need to use the plural NAME, not display name.

In your case, that would be /crc06_invoices(GUID)

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,314)