cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarvinBier
Helper II
Helper II

Create a sequential number in a Sharepoint list

Hello I want to build a flow for regiter our visitors: My idea is that the worker creates an item with an forms form, where are the details placed (like date, Visitorname and more). The flow is suposed to store this in a sharepoint list by creating an item.

MarvinBier_0-1600245232717.png

But now my question how can i create a sequential number, that the first visitor gets the 1 the second a 2 and so on.

That is for the following process, because the leaders have to approve the visitor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

Hi!

Since you are storing them in a Sharepoint list, you already have it!

There is an standard column that is created for all Sharepoint Lists|Libraries called 'ID' that is a unique reference to your item inside your list | file inside your Library.

It is of type integer, starts with 1.

So if you need to access a specific element from Power Automate, you just need to use 'Get item' action block, select target Sharepoint site, Sharepoit list name... and assign the target element ID

Moreover, if you create a new item on your list from Power Automate by means of 'Create item', 'ID' is one of its outputs

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
efialttes
Super User III
Super User III

Hi!

Since you are storing them in a Sharepoint list, you already have it!

There is an standard column that is created for all Sharepoint Lists|Libraries called 'ID' that is a unique reference to your item inside your list | file inside your Library.

It is of type integer, starts with 1.

So if you need to access a specific element from Power Automate, you just need to use 'Get item' action block, select target Sharepoint site, Sharepoit list name... and assign the target element ID

Moreover, if you create a new item on your list from Power Automate by means of 'Create item', 'ID' is one of its outputs

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (12,358)