cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GrandMoffReknaw
Level: Powered On

Create a user to add to a group

Firstly, thanks to the community for getting me this far...

I have created a Flow that when I add an email address on a SharePoint list, it "gets" that item, searches for the user and Adds the member to group.

When I test it, it says successful, and technically, it is. However, if the user in not known in our tennancy, it doesn't actually add them, even though it claims to be successful.

Without using Azure (limited access sorry), is there something I need to do to create that user, if they don't already exist?

The manual process let's me just navigate to the group and add external members in using an unknown email address, I'm not sure what other process occurs there that I am not running in this Flow.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create a user to add to a group

Hi @GrandMoffReknaw ,

We could only create user with Azure AD connector in microsoft flow currently, if you don't use Azure, I afraid that there is no any other way to achieve your requirement in microsoft flow currently.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GrandMoffReknaw
Level: Powered On

Re: Create a user to add to a group

Thanks @v-alzhan-msft 

I think it's unusual I can add them in directly using outlook groups, but not as a flow.

However, this also gives me the ammunition I need to tell my IT Security team to give me access, or I'll make them do all the manual tasks! lol

Thanks for your help.

I don't think I can accept that as a solution though, because it really is not one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,291)