cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrandMoffReknaw
Regular Visitor

Create a user to add to a group

Firstly, thanks to the community for getting me this far...

I have created a Flow that when I add an email address on a SharePoint list, it "gets" that item, searches for the user and Adds the member to group.

When I test it, it says successful, and technically, it is. However, if the user in not known in our tennancy, it doesn't actually add them, even though it claims to be successful.

Without using Azure (limited access sorry), is there something I need to do to create that user, if they don't already exist?

The manual process let's me just navigate to the group and add external members in using an unknown email address, I'm not sure what other process occurs there that I am not running in this Flow.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Create a user to add to a group

Hi @GrandMoffReknaw ,

We could only create user with Azure AD connector in microsoft flow currently, if you don't use Azure, I afraid that there is no any other way to achieve your requirement in microsoft flow currently.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GrandMoffReknaw
Regular Visitor

Re: Create a user to add to a group

Thanks @v-alzhan-msft 

I think it's unusual I can add them in directly using outlook groups, but not as a flow.

However, this also gives me the ammunition I need to tell my IT Security team to give me access, or I'll make them do all the manual tasks! lol

Thanks for your help.

I don't think I can accept that as a solution though, because it really is not one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,669)