Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
consultantlk
Helper II
Helper II

Create a word document tab in a teams channel

Hi Everyone,

I have a flow that creates a word document tab in a teams channel. It is adding the tab with no problem however I am getting the ‘No preview available’ error when I try to open it in the app. I am able to download it and view it no problem. I am also able to open the file in sharepoint, but not in teams. Please see below

Metro - Document Tab.png

Here is my flow

Document Tab Flow.png

When debugging, I have only focused on the entity id, which is the ETag of the file but have had no success

1. I tried using the ETag itself which looks like "{GUID},1"
  2. I got rid of the “,1” from the end
  3. I got rid of the the curly brackets and the “,1” at the end which just gave me the guid but didn’t work

Am I focusing on the wrong thing? Do you know of any other ways this can be fixed?

Please let me know. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @mahoneypat, thank you for your response. I used that site to initially create all my teams tabs via  flow and then used the teamsAppIds for each type from here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/teams-configuring-builtin-tabs

Unfortunately, it is only the word document tab that I am struggling with.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (106,331)