cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ManfredH83
Level: Powered On

Create all-day Exchange event (multiple days)

Hello,

I tried to get into flow today and created a workflow (based on the online training) to approve vacations. It basically works fine but when I tried to add an automated Exchange calendar event as last step I hit a wall. The resulting event is not created/displayed correctly in Exchange - a two-day event is displayed as one-day.

The list item, where the value is based on, is formatted as Day/Time but of course without time, because the applicant shouldn't fill it in or even see it.

Another board topic here is about the same issue but the solution (implementing a Jquery into the Sharepoint List) seems a bit odd to me (and to be honest not applicable with my current knowledge).

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Creating-all-day-event-in-Sharepoint-from-approve...

Is there really no way (maybe with new Office 365 updates since that topic was created) that an Exchange all-day event can be created over multiple days?

My output currently:

1.PNGFlow output2.PNGResulting event (only 1 day)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ManfredH83

Re: Create all-day Exchange event (multiple days)

Okay, of course a little while after I had almost given up, I found a solution Smiley Happy

Through other posts I got a clearer picture about date operations and spaces in names of dynamic content in Flow. So, I tried to add a Compose action with an expression which adds 12 hours (to accomodate for any time zone hickups that could occur) to the end date of the vacation request.

addHours(triggerBody()?['Urlaub_x0020_bis'],12)

The date for a two-day event then is displayed correctly in Exchange.

I guess this has to do with some technical oddities in Outlook/Exchange - an all-day event that goes from Saturday until Sunday starts on the first day at 00:00 and ends on the third day at 00:00. So Flow simply creates the wrong date for the calendar entry.

3.PNGExpression to add 12 hours4.PNGUse output from compose in event creation5.PNGResult in Outlook

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ManfredH83

Re: Create all-day Exchange event (multiple days)

Okay, of course a little while after I had almost given up, I found a solution Smiley Happy

Through other posts I got a clearer picture about date operations and spaces in names of dynamic content in Flow. So, I tried to add a Compose action with an expression which adds 12 hours (to accomodate for any time zone hickups that could occur) to the end date of the vacation request.

addHours(triggerBody()?['Urlaub_x0020_bis'],12)

The date for a two-day event then is displayed correctly in Exchange.

I guess this has to do with some technical oddities in Outlook/Exchange - an all-day event that goes from Saturday until Sunday starts on the first day at 00:00 and ends on the third day at 00:00. So Flow simply creates the wrong date for the calendar entry.

3.PNGExpression to add 12 hours4.PNGUse output from compose in event creation5.PNGResult in Outlook

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 541 members 4,727 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: