cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tea_Programmer
Level: Powered On

Create an Excel File and table

Hi,

I want to create an Excel file and then create a table from a SharePoint list. How can I achieve this and save it in a document library?

Regards,

Ruben 

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Create an Excel File and table

The Add a row to Excel when a new item is added in SharePoint List template can get you started with the basics and is quite easy to setup and configure. You'd use those basic functions along with a Create file action.

Instead of when a When an Item is created trigger, you can Manually trigger a flow, or you can Run flows on a schedule. Your final Flow could look something like this:CreateXLSXCreateTableFromList.PNG

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Tea_Programmer
Level: Powered On

Hi @Brad_Groux ,

Can you show the function settings? 

What should I put in File Content in Create File?

Regards,

Ruben

v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Hi @Tea_Programmer ,

First, I am afraid you need create a excel file with the table you want manually.

Then you can use the flow to insert the data from the list to excel file.

In flow, you can only deal with the already exist excel file.

With the 'Add a row into a table' action, you need Select an Excel file through File Browse and Select a table from the drop-down.

Capture10.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Super User
Super User

@Tea_Programmer wrote:

Hi @Brad_Groux ,

Can you show the function settings? 

What should I put in File Content in Create File?

Regards,

Ruben

Create File allows for four parameters be set: 

Site Address string
Example: https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/sitename.
Key:dataset

Folder Path string
Must start with an existing library. Add folders if needed.
Key: folderPath

File Name string
Name of the file.
Key: name

File Content binary
Content of the file.
Key: body

In this step you'd type in the Site AddressFolder Path, and File Name of the file you would like to create. They are all strings, so they are basic text entry boxes. Put in the site and folder path where you would like the file stored, and the file name (including the extension) of the file you'd like to create.

You can leave File Content blank, and it will create a blank file. Then in the subsequent steps, you could call the file that you created. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,166)