cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmSh
Level: Powered On

Create an email attachment in Dynamics 365 online CRM

I would like to create an email with attachment in CRM when an email is received on a shared mailbox.

I succeeded in creating the email itself, however I am not sure which parameters should go where in the 'Create new record (Preview) 2' for the attachment.

Can anyone upload a screenshot of what parameter goes into what field? (The red astrics fields).

Thanks

Attachment.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create an email attachment in Dynamics 365 online CRM

Hi OmSh,

Please take this doc about “activitymimeattachment EntityType” for a reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/web-api/activitymimeattachment?view...

For what parameter should go into each field in Flow, I will help confirm it on my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
OmSh

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

Thank you for your assistance.

This is still unclear to me.

For example, I do not understand what field I should map into activitymimeattachmentidunique.

Is it one of the shared inbox fields or the create email in CRM field? Which one?

How can I solve this?

Thank you, OmSh

LauraWare

I am having this same issue, was this ever resolved?  I have an email with attachments, created the email activity successfully, but cannot figure out what fields to update in the Attachment entity to have them come across.  Thanks

OmSh

@LauraWare,

Hi Laura,

If I remember correctly (this was a while back), you should choose the 'Create a new record' option without the 'Preview'.

Doing so, the options become clearer.

LauraWare

The options the same in preview and regular Attachments entity.

Can someone please assist in letting me know how this attachments entity needs to be filled out for Dynamics 365 Email Attachments?

Thank you!

EdwinVC

As to this date it seems this is not yet supported using Flow. I had created this functionality before using .NET, and essenially you would create the 'activtitymimeattachment' record that would include the 'body' attribute for the file content. The create request would then subsequently create the 'attachment' record based on the 'body' and then create the 'activtitymimeattachment' to add the attachment to the specified e-mail record.

But in Flow the 'activtitymimeattachment' 'adapter' does not include the 'body' input. Trying to create the 'attachment' record first using Flow (with a bit of fiddling because 'body' input does not accept the available body-payload from within the UI helper) will result in a [The 'Create' method does not support entities of type 'attachment'.] message, thus there seems to be no way to create this from Flow.

Alternatives would be to add the attachment to a non-activity record (this is possible using Flow) and create the e-mail with adding the attachment using (extended) workflow in CRM. And of course one could create a custom connector for Flow in order to create the e-mail attachment.

The Power platform seems to be updated daily (or at least regularly) so this could change any time now...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 131 members 5,312 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: