cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Create an item in SharePoint for a selected row

I am trying to use a couple of templates that work if I create them as standalone but not when I try to add them within an existing flow.  The 2 flows are:

1) Create an item in SharePoint for a selected row 

2) Copy files between OneDrive and SharePoint

Has anyone else encountered this?  These flows aren't found even if I paste in the exact text, I get "there are no results for your search" but I'm able to create them as standalone flows.

CopyFilesOneDrive.pngCreateItem.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Create an item in SharePoint for a selected row

Hi @shahab,

You could click on Templates in the Flow portal, then search for the template for the relevant connector, then click Create, then click on Editor flow to observe the configuration steps for each of their actions.

3.PNG

Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shahab,

Searching in Choose an action can only search for the individual action supported by Flow, and you type the name of the template, so there will be no results.

The two templates you use are configured through a series of configurations. It is a complete Flow containing triggers and actions, which we can use directly.

But this does not mean that when configuring the action, we can type the template name in the search box to directly import the configuration of the template into the existing Flow.

You could add the corresponding action to the existing Flow by referring to the configuration in the template.

Additionally,  For a selected row is used as a manual trigger, so you may not have a result in the search in Choose an action.

Best Regards,

Barry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Barry,

That makes sense.   Is there a way to see the individual steps in these specific templates?

Shahab

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shahab,

You could click on Templates in the Flow portal, then search for the template for the relevant connector, then click Create, then click on Editor flow to observe the configuration steps for each of their actions.

3.PNG

Regards,

Barry

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,471)