cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebastian_alfon

Create and delete events from one calendar to another

Helloo everyone.

So, I'm using a flow that allows me to copy a event from a calendar A to a calendar B when is created on the calendar A side. The thing is, that I also need that everytime the calendar A delete a event, this one must be deleted from the calendar B side. I'm having troubles, basically because i decide to create 2 flow, one from the creation of the event (which works fine) and another one for the delete part, but this one is not working. (on the calendar B the event is not deleted, instead is creating a new one)

I'm doing it this way:

sebastian_alfon_0-1642467309476.png

So what i can deduct, is that the ID from the event on calendar A is not the same one writed on calendar B, that way the flows is always going to fail i guess, but that's a shot in the dark, I'm not truly sure why is not working.

Thank you guys, hope you can hlep me 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

Hey @sebastian_alfon 

yes, when you are creating a new event within another calendar, it will also get a new ID. To be sure your flow will work, you should consider to save the ID from calendar A within the event body or subject, so that you can easily match them when modified or deleted. Matching using the subject as normal text can be very difficult.

I would also recommend to use a Switch and the "Action Type" dynamic value instead of two flows:

MarvinBangert_0-1642522711754.png

Then it should also not create a new event, when you are deleting it on the other this (this happens from your other flow, because it always triggers when something happens within your Calendar A, nethertheless if something is created, updated or deleted, it will always create a new event and your other flow would always delete the event -> Only solution is using the Switch).

Does this help you? Otherwise please give me some more information.

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Blog: Cloudkumpel

Hi Marvin. Thank you very much for your answer, I'm gonna give it a shot, hoping I can make it work. I'll let you know how everything went.

Best regards!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (3,441)