Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chhe
Helper III
Helper III

Create and edit List view

Hello,

is there any possibility to create a new list view by a flow? What I want to do is the following:

I have a list where all employees of our department are stored. In a second list we manage our tasks. Each employee has his own view, this view is formatted by JSON. Now I want to create a new list view when I add a new employee. 

Is there any solution for this?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Amanthaper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @chhe 

There's no out-of-the box action to do this but I believe it can be done either using the Sharepoint HTTP action (Sharepoint REST API) or setting up a Custom connector (again, it's the Sharepoint REST API).

Amanthaper_0-1602217685968.png

I have personally not done this but it looks like someone has here. http://blog.techperspect.com/2015/07/create-list-view-using-sharepoint-rest.html

Cheers,

Aman

I have found a guide to create a list view:

http://www.ludovicperrichon.com/sharepoint-rest-api-call-with-powerautomate/#createlistview

But I have a problem:

The list view I want to create has a JSON formatted view. The JSON code is about 500 rows long. I have put the following text in die HTTP request:

{
    "__metadata": {
        "type": "SP.View"
    },
    "ViewType": "HTML",
    "Title": "testAngelegt",
    "DefaultView": false,
    "PersonalView": false,
    "CustomFormatter":  "JSON_CODE"
}

But I run into a timeout. If I put a short JSON Code everything works fine. I can't believe that it's not possible to send a longer JSON Code via HTTP request. Is there any solution for this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,347)