Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TFEARON
Level: Powered On

Create approval flow based on file name

Hello!

I am currently working on building out a sharepoint site that needs to act as a secure portal for media requests and approvals. Essentially I am looking to leverage forms so that field users can submit a request which is then received by my team. I then upload a respond document (.xl file) which immediately requires two-tier aproval that is conditional to the requesting party.

As we utilize standard naming conventions I am hoping to set the secondary approval (once the file has been approved by the admin) to be assigned to the appropriate contact based on the file name. For exampled if the file name begins with 05 67 it needs to be sent to XXXX@XXX.com, XXXY@XXX.com for their approval. It the file begins with 04 85 then it would be routed to a different group for their approval. This approval system would only need to be updated as secondary approvers are updated. 

How do you suggest making this happen?

Thanks,

Tyler

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create approval flow based on file name

Hi @TFEARON,

You could add the condition to check if the file name begin with 05 67 or the file name begin with 04 85,you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

TFEARON
Level: Powered On

ARe: Create approval flow based on file name

Hi Alice,

@v-yuazh-msftThis is great, thank you! I was able to complete the flow as suggested. Next, if I wanted to create a routing system for MULTIPLE instances (for example, if the file name wasnt 05 67, but it was 04 85 then it would go to a different group of people, what would I do there?

Thanks,

Tyler

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: ARe: Create approval flow based on file name

Hi @TFEARON,

As is shown in my screenshot below:

If the file name start with 05 67, the approval will be sent to a group in the "Start an approval" action,

If the file name start with 04 85, the approval will be sent to a different  group in the "Start an approval 2" action.

If you would like to check if the file name is equal to 05 67 or 04 85, and send the approval to the special group, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 193 members 4,993 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: