cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SSwan
Level: Powered On

Create approval with no email

I'm currently trying to set our invoice approvals to go through Sharepoint & Flow, and can build a flow that's working 99% how we would like it to. I am wondering, however, if it is possible to NOT create an approval email for an approval request? As the volume of approvals would be huge, we do not want people's inboxes to be inundated with emails, so an email to the tune of "you have items for approval" with a link to the approvals queue once a week would be what we require.

So:

Trigger - new item in Sharepoint

Action - create approval

NOT an action - email approver

etc.

It doesn't have to have links to the multiple approvals (as I can see this isn't currently possible), just to the approvals centre.

Is this currently possible? Or is there a workaround that could do what I need it to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create approval with no email

Hi @SSwan,

I afraid that there is no way to NOT send an approval email for an approval request in Microsoft Flow currently, we use the approval email to notify the approver that there is a Approval Request required to be approved.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

I don't think that the  that the option exist to disable to email as in general the only way for people to be informed that there is something to be approved is through the email. 

You could always set the subject of the email to somethgn like "### Approval Email ####" and then setup a rule in outlook to move emails with "### Approval Email ####" in the subject to  be moved or deleted.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @SSwan,

I afraid that there is no way to NOT send an approval email for an approval request in Microsoft Flow currently, we use the approval email to notify the approver that there is a Approval Request required to be approved.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
cclarktax
Level: Powered On

Was this feature (approval without email) enabled in a prior update or is it still unavailable?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,787)