cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SSwan
Advocate I
Advocate I

Create approval with no email

I'm currently trying to set our invoice approvals to go through Sharepoint & Flow, and can build a flow that's working 99% how we would like it to. I am wondering, however, if it is possible to NOT create an approval email for an approval request? As the volume of approvals would be huge, we do not want people's inboxes to be inundated with emails, so an email to the tune of "you have items for approval" with a link to the approvals queue once a week would be what we require.

So:

Trigger - new item in Sharepoint

Action - create approval

NOT an action - email approver

etc.

It doesn't have to have links to the multiple approvals (as I can see this isn't currently possible), just to the approvals centre.

Is this currently possible? Or is there a workaround that could do what I need it to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SSwan,

I afraid that there is no way to NOT send an approval email for an approval request in Microsoft Flow currently, we use the approval email to notify the approver that there is a Approval Request required to be approved.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I don't think that the  that the option exist to disable to email as in general the only way for people to be informed that there is something to be approved is through the email. 

You could always set the subject of the email to somethgn like "### Approval Email ####" and then setup a rule in outlook to move emails with "### Approval Email ####" in the subject to  be moved or deleted.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SSwan,

I afraid that there is no way to NOT send an approval email for an approval request in Microsoft Flow currently, we use the approval email to notify the approver that there is a Approval Request required to be approved.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Was this feature (approval without email) enabled in a prior update or is it still unavailable?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (9,874)