cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Create array of unique users names and link 365 email address

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere - I have searched but not found anything but may be struggling to navigate the terminology! It seems relatively basic but I am going around in circles - thanks for any help.

I am trying to send an individual table to a set of users based on a table where each row has a certain flag.

What is working:

- Excel table has multiple rows of tasks for a team, some rows have a status of 'due' in a column

- Flow runs through the rows, if the task is due, that person's name is added to an array variable - giving me a list of names of people with tasks due

- Flow then runs through the list of names, searches in 365 for the email address, appending each to another array variable -  so i have a list of names and a separate list of email address

Here's where I'm stuck:

- How do I then generate a html table, one for each email address with their own list of tasks in order to send?

- the problem seems to be that the email addresses don't link to the name and therefore the rows.

Thanks again - hope it's clear!

I'm familiar with:

- setting up the HTML tables

- appending the rows to an array and resetting after each email is sent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Create array of unique users names and link 365 email address

Hi

"Flow then runs through the list of names, searches in 365 for the email address, appending each to another array variable - so i have a list of names and a separate list of email address"

Since your flow is currently iterating through the list of names, you can add more stuff to each iteration. You can use a Filter Array to get all due excel tasks assigned to current name, than use Select action block using 'Filter Array' as its input to get the excel columns you want to show, then 'Create an HTML' table using 'Select' as its input and finally send an email to that person with its due tasks

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Create array of unique users names and link 365 email address

Hi

"Flow then runs through the list of names, searches in 365 for the email address, appending each to another array variable - so i have a list of names and a separate list of email address"

Since your flow is currently iterating through the list of names, you can add more stuff to each iteration. You can use a Filter Array to get all due excel tasks assigned to current name, than use Select action block using 'Filter Array' as its input to get the excel columns you want to show, then 'Create an HTML' table using 'Select' as its input and finally send an email to that person with its due tasks

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,790)