Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ZuheirAshraf
Level: Powered On

Create email template from Sharepoint and save as .eml

Hi All,

I'm fairly new in building a flow so please bare with me.

So the idea is, I'm trying to create an event template (using the detail in sharepoint list) and save it as .eml instead of sending it.

This .eml file will then be send to the person who created the item in the sharepoint list.

The reason behind this is I can't seems to find a way that we can use a scheduling assistant for the event to ensure it does not overlapped with other event, so the event template Time & Date can be editted by the person who created the list.

Is this possible?

Please provide any suggestion or ideas that might be useful.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create email template from Sharepoint and save as .eml

Hi @ ZuheirAshraf,

Could you please more details about the event template that you would like to create?

Do you want to create the event template use the (using the detail in sharepoint list) when an item is created in the sharepoint list?

Could you please share more details about the sharepoint list?

Creating a .eml file using the detail in sharepoint list is not supported in Microsoft flow currentty, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

ZuheirAshraf

Thanks for the info Alice,

It is exactly as you said, this is the simple flow that i'd like to do.

Simple_Flow.png

The reason behind this is in the sharepoint itself, there will be a lot of lookup between codes and description where description will be the details added into the template (body and subject)

As for the attendees, there are fixed attendees and dynamic attendees involved for the event depend on the codes provided in the sharepoint. I'd say it's somekind of approval meeting invites that involved the delivery + technical (Dynamic attendees) and  approvers (Fixed attendees) with the details filled out in the sharepoint list. 

From your response, it seems impossible for now. Are there anyway way that this could be done?

Thanks!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ bangorkeith,

Creating a .eml file using the detail in sharepoint list is not supported in Microsoft flow currently,if you want to create a a .eml file using the detail in sharepoint list, it is impossible to achieve it.

Would you like to create excel file and insert a row in it with the detail in sharepoint list ?

If you would like to create excel file and insert a row in it with the detail in sharepoint list , maybe you could take a try to achieve your needs.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

ZuheirAshraf

Hi Alice,

Thanks for the information. Seems like I have to go around find some other method then.

Also thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look into it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,300)