cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdK99
Helper I
Helper I

Create event V4 gives an error when using a date from Get item (SharePoint)

Hello all,

I'm building a flow to trigger when a new item is created in a sharepoint list, the flow will take that item's details (Subject, Start date, end date, location) and create a calendar event using these details.

in the create event connector I have the calendar ID, Subject, Start time and End time, and time zone. I am getting this error when I try to save the flow:

 Flow save failed with code 'OpenApiOperationParameterValidationFailed' and message 'Input parameter 'item' validation failed in workflow operation 'Create_event_(V4)': The parameter with value '"@outputs('Get_item')?['body/field_7']"' in path 'item/start' with type/format 'String/date-time' is not convertible to type/format 'String/date-no-tz'.'.

Screenshot_25.png

Can anyone help me out with this? the date column in sharepoint list includes time, and the records into the sharepoint list are being entered through a powerapp.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-liwei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EdK99 

You can use formatDateTime to convert the date to the format required by Create Event.

formatDateTime(outputs('Get_item')?['body/field_7'],'yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss')

Best Regards,

Levi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-liwei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EdK99 

Could you please tell me:

Is this field a text column rather than a date column in SharePoint?
Could you please provide the date format in that column.

Best Regards,

Levi

Hi @v-liwei-msft , thank you for the swift response

it is a date column that includes time and the friendly format option is not enabled.

the output that I'm getting from the get item action in power automate is: "2022-12-04T21:00:00Z", so I think this is the format.

v-liwei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EdK99 

You can use formatDateTime to convert the date to the format required by Create Event.

formatDateTime(outputs('Get_item')?['body/field_7'],'yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss')

Best Regards,

Levi

EdK99
Helper I
Helper I

It worked, thanks a lot!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,383)