cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create event in another users calendar

Can anyone tell me if they know how to create an event in another users calendar?

I have a Flow which is triggered when modifications are made to a SharePoint list and I would like to add an event to the persons calendar who created the list item. Currently Flow creates the events in my calendar - I assume because I created the flow.

Any help would be appreciated.

Adam

8 REPLIES 8
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I am afraid currently this is not possible under Microsoft Flow.

Create Event under Microsoft Flow would require the Flow editor to sign-in office 365 outlook, and currently the authentication can't be configured as available Input under Microsoft Flow.

As the Authentication requires the user to enter their own credentials, currently there is no way for Microsoft Flow to accept the user information and then finish the authentication.

Using team flow only allows the added user to configure the Flow, there is no way to have the Flow Action change its Connection authentication information, currently.

Please consider submit this as an idea, to make Microsoft Flow allow Authentication as an dynamic Input.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Michael

OK thanks, I will consider raising an Idea.

In most of my tests the event is created in the calendar of the user who created the flow. However, I have a team flow where user A created it, user B was added as an owner and then made some changes to the flow, user C triggered the flow but the event was added to user B calendar where I would have expected it to go into A's. Can you explain why?

Note there were refrences to user A and B under "Embedded connections" but I don't fully understand this.

Thanks

here is an item were people started requesting this capability. Unfortunately there are not a lot of votes for it yet.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Create-events-in-another-persons-calendar/idi-p/38445

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

even the post is old, i think it worth mentioning for anyone searching about it, that nowadays is doable in flow to create event in another users calendar through API graph

Regards

ThomasHaug

Hi IronFelix,

can you please provide a link or example how to do this. 

Thanks
Thomas

Madra
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @ThomasHaug,

If you still need it, i think this is the link you are looking for: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/calendar-post-events

(also, for anyone interested: with a flow running in the user's context like the PowerApps trigger for exemple, i got the user to create his own outlook events, thanks to Omar_El-Anis's answer on this post

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all!

Just for clarification: As of 04/2022, you would still need to use the Graph API since the solution kindly provided by Omar_El-Anis does not cover automated triggers. If you use a button, the provided solution will work. If you use a trigger such as event creation/modification in DevOps, you would have to go for the custom solution.

Best

MBates87
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

Does anyone have a working example of using the graph API to create an event in another person's calendar?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,965)