Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMollering

Create event with attendees selected from Sharepoint list

Hi,

I have a Sharepoint list that contains people and e-mail addresses:

stakeholdersExample.png

Is there any way to select multiple items of this list and create an event with the selected people?
Or similarly, instead of creating an event, sending an email to the selected people?

I don't want just one of the list, I want to select them with the mouse and then do something with the selected items.

Best,

Joel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JMollering ,

Thanks for updating.

Please feel free vote and comment the idea.

Further, if you don’t want to manually enter the name of the skatehodler, you could also consider adding a dropdown list of options for users to select one instead of manually input.

1.PNG

Please take a try with it.

Best regards,

Mabel     

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JMollering ,

Do you want to send an email for multiple selected items in SharePoint list?

I am afraid that it is a feature that has not been supported yet, here is one of the similar requests from Microsoft Flow Ideas Forum, please vote and comment the idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Multiple-select-on-For-a-Selected-item-trigger/idi-p/...

What’s the column type of Stakeholder and E-mail Address?

Let’s say that they are single line of text columns, please try if the following workaround will work for you.

Add the button trigger, then add a Text input.

Get items from the list. Then use Filter query to filter out items with the following code:

Skateholder eq ‘Input’

Note: Skateholder is the column name, and when users trigger the button, they will input the name of the Skateholder to find out items that have the same Skateholder.

Then Create a html table.

Send an email with the html table. Please enable Yes for Is HTML field.

An image for your reference.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel    

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yamao-msft wrote:

Hi @JMollering ,

Do you want to send an email for multiple selected items in SharePoint list? Yes, it would be a use case.

I am afraid that it is a feature that has not been supported yet, here is one of the similar requests from Microsoft Flow Ideas Forum, please vote and comment the idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Multiple-select-on-For-a-Selected-item-trigger/idi-p/...

That is exactly what I want, "Multiple select on For a Selected item trigger".

What’s the column type of Stakeholder and E-mail Address?

Both are Person type items, only with different presentation: Stakeholders shows only the name, E-mail Address the corresponding e-mail address of that name.

This workaround seems that the user has to manually input the name of the Stakeholder when presses the button. Better way would just select the items from the list, as stated in the Microsoft Flow Ideas Forum idea that you put here.

Let’s say that they are single line of text columns, please try if the following workaround will work for you.

Add the button trigger, then add a Text input.

Get items from the list. Then use Filter query to filter out items with the following code:

Skateholder eq ‘Input’

Note: Skateholder is the column name, and when users trigger the button, they will input the name of the Skateholder to find out items that have the same Skateholder.

Then Create a html table.

Send an email with the html table. Please enable Yes for Is HTML field.

An image for your reference.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel    

Hey Mabel, thank you for answering. The workaround is not exactly as I expected, so I cannot Accept as Solution.

See my comments up there in bold orange.

Best,

Joel

Hi @JMollering ,

Thanks for updating.

Please feel free vote and comment the idea.

Further, if you don’t want to manually enter the name of the skatehodler, you could also consider adding a dropdown list of options for users to select one instead of manually input.

1.PNG

Please take a try with it.

Best regards,

Mabel     

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (24,115)