cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrea_doc

Create excel files from an array file

Hi all,

I try to explain my problem and I hope you can help me.

I have an excel file with a list of testing feature. For each one there is a flag (YES/NO) to select the features to be tested.

I want to create a flow to generate a new excel file for each selected feature and name it as the feature.

My idea is the following:

1. Create an Office script that return an array containing all the features name that should be tested

2. Create a Power Automate flow tha run the script and iterate for each value contained in the array creating excel file

With this approach I have some problem, since the returned array from the script is not selectable in "Apply to each" condition in Power Automate.

Can you help me to solve the problem or give me some different hints to create excel files

Thanks

Andrea

2 REPLIES 2
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @andrea_doc ,

Could you please show me the return value of the 'Office Script' in flow?(Please take care to protect your privacy information)

Could you please show me your flow?

Best Regards,

Bof

andrea_doc

Hi @v-bofeng-msft 

here below the Office script that generate an array with features name

andrea_doc_0-1661414820995.png

ùThen I run the script in Power automate and I'd like to insert the "Apply to each"  using the script output as input and perform some operation for each fetaure present in the array.

Anyway I don't find the value testlist (returned by script) to insert as Input in the "Apply to each" action

andrea_doc_1-1661415227461.png

(Sorry for italian language but it is corporate and I don't have the right to change it)

How can solve this problem? Do you suggest me some hint or a workaround?

Thanks for your support

Andrea

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (4,152)