Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drfixer
Helper I
Helper I

Create file - bad request

Dear PA family--

I am downloading a file from signNow via HTTP request and creating a file. However, I'm getting a BadRequest error with no other details.  How do I troubleshoot?

drfixer_0-1616265369381.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hello @drfixer ,

the first action already contains the library in the 'List or Library' field. The second action doesn't have the possibility to select 'List or Library', therefore, the path to the library must be part of the 'Folder Path' (Documents = /Shared Documents/)

image.png

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

Jronash
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Nice!  Glad it's working.

The reason you have different paths is that the Create new folder action selects your document library in the Lists of Library field, and the Folder path is just the folder structure within the library.

In the Create file action, you enter the full path in your site, including the document library and folder structure.

9 REPLIES 9
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @drfixer 

Which is the output of the HTTP - Request File Download action?
Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
Jronash
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Next steps for troubleshooting a vague error like this would be to examine your inputs. 

Are you setting your file name dynamically?  (If not, it may be failing because you're trying to create multiple files with the same name.)

If you are able to, post a screenshot of the flow in edit mode, so we can see what data you're using in the Create File action.

One other method of troubleshooting is to go to the All Runs area of the flow, and then click the "Get .csv file" button.  This will give you a spreadsheet that contains a lot more information about the inputs, outputs and errors in your flow.  You may be able to find a more helpful error message than Bad Request there.

csv.pngcsv2.png

drfixer
Helper I
Helper I

@Jronash @fchopo 

Here is the download which uses body from HTTP

drfixer_0-1616274390306.png

drfixer_4-1616274923318.png

I did remove the dynamically generated filename and set a static directory to no avail.

drfixer_1-1616274470083.png

@Jronash for the exported .csv, I'm only show a start time, end time then "skipped" for file creation status.

drfixer_2-1616274689037.png

drfixer_3-1616274812729.png

Jronash
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

It looks like you aren't getting any data back from your HTTP block.  That would mean that the Create File action would fail because it's lacking File Content, which is required.

I'm not familiar with signnow's API, but in your screenshot I see that in your URI you have two slashes before "document", which is probably a mistake.  Maybe try https://api.signnow.com/document(...) instead?

drfixer
Helper I
Helper I

@Jronash - thank you for the response.

I did remove the double slash - but it didn't change the fail.

When I click on the inputs under create file step, I get the following:

Doesn't this mean the HTTP request is downloading the file?

drfixer_0-1616344806654.png

Jronash
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Yes, from what you posted, it looks like data is being passed to the Create File block. 

The confusing thing is that the screenshots you posted before showed no output from the HTTP block and showed that the Create File block was being skipped.  But that clearly isn't the case in your most recent post.

Are you still seeing the Bad Request message when you run this flow?  When you export the CSV of your run history, do your most recent runs still show the Create Action block as being skipped, and have nothing in the HTTP output?

drfixer
Helper I
Helper I

@Jronash 

I figured it out after I looked at the OUTPUT on CREATE FILE.  It threw an error (buried in jibberish test).

So, I changed the folder to drop it in and it worked.

What makes NO SENSE to me?

drfixer_0-1616529931765.png

Hello @drfixer ,

the first action already contains the library in the 'List or Library' field. The second action doesn't have the possibility to select 'List or Library', therefore, the path to the library must be part of the 'Folder Path' (Documents = /Shared Documents/)

image.png

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

Jronash
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Nice!  Glad it's working.

The reason you have different paths is that the Create new folder action selects your document library in the Lists of Library field, and the Folder path is just the folder structure within the library.

In the Create file action, you enter the full path in your site, including the document library and folder structure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,628)