cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjeh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Create file on SharePoint from Email Attachment (Template Error)

Hello All,

I've made a flow that goes off on the trigger 'when a mail arrives' and saves the email as .eml and the attachments in a folder on SharePoint.

Now I had to adapt the flow to work on a shared mailbox, so ive created a new flow but with the 'when a mail arrives in a shared mailbox' trigger.   However now I am unable to save my attachments to Sharepoint.

These are the relevant flow blocks:

example.png

simply put: if  Attachments Name ends with PDF the file is saved.   File name = Attachment name,  File content = Attachment content.  

This used to work but now i am receiving a template error as such:

InvalidTemplate. Kan de sjabloontaalexpressies niet verwerken in de invoer voor de actie Bestand_maken_8 op regel 1 en in kolom 2800: Voor de sjabloontaalfunctie base64ToBinary wordt verwacht dat de parameter een tekenreeks is. De opgegeven waarde is van het type Null. Ga naar https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#base64ToBinary voor informatie over het gebruik..

Rough translation:
Invalid Template.  Can't proces the template language expression in the input for the action 'create_file_8' on rule 1 and in colum 2800: For the template language expression base64ToBinary a string parameter is expected; The given input is of type Null. Go to blabla etc for info. 

So it seems that I'm not getting the mail's attachment contents at all since it says its null.. (i guess).

And Yes: In the trigger advanced options i selected 'Yes' on add attachments.

yes.PNG

What can i do to save my files to SharePoint with this flow again? (with the shared mailbox trigger)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gjeh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

What i've noticed is that all in the Body element of the trigger block a maximum of only 2 attachments show up.

If i delete all images in my signature before sending the mail it does work. So there is still quite an issue right there as you can't expect everyone to always delete their signatures, and there will be cases where a mail contains several pdf attachments.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gjeh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

What i've noticed is that all in the Body element of the trigger block a maximum of only 2 attachments show up.

If i delete all images in my signature before sending the mail it does work. So there is still quite an issue right there as you can't expect everyone to always delete their signatures, and there will be cases where a mail contains several pdf attachments.

alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Thank you for your post. It looks like you were able to get this figured out on your end. This is definitely odd. I will reach out to some resources on my end and see if maybe this is some kind of known issue. 

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,374)