cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Create flow that differentiates between buckets

Hi all,

I have a planner plan that has 6 different buckets, within each of those buckets are (as you would expect) tasks.  The buckets represent meetings/committees and the tasks are actions required either before or after each meeting/committee.  I have successful created a flows that will send reminder emails 2 weeks and 10 days prior to the meeting however each bucket requires a different reminder timeline e.g. Meeting1 requires 2 weeks prior, Meeting2 requires 2 days after.

So my question is, how do i differentiate between the buckets to apply a specific set of flows?  All help would be very much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnnaJordan ,

If you want to be able to distinguish different buckets and execute corresponding actions in the same Flow, you can achieve your needs by adding branches or Switch.

But I recommend that you create multiple flows for different buckets separately. It is easy to create multiple similar flows. You only need to create a flow for a specific bucket, then use Save as to create a copy, and then change the bucket name and Other conditions.

Please refer to the following method to configure screenshots, use List buckets action to get all buckets.

• Use the Filter array to filter out buckets with equal bucket ids and get bucket names.
  • Then check if the bucket name is the expected one in Condition and add other conditions.

Expression reference:

if(equals(length(body('Filter_array')),0),'',body('Filter_array')[0]['name'])

Image reference:

99.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

One of the actions for Planner is "List buckets". You could use this action followed by Switch control. For each Case in the Switch, you can specify the name of each bucket. Then you can build out the remaining actions such as the meeting notifications, etc.

Planner - List buckets actionPlanner - List buckets action

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnnaJordan ,

If you want to be able to distinguish different buckets and execute corresponding actions in the same Flow, you can achieve your needs by adding branches or Switch.

But I recommend that you create multiple flows for different buckets separately. It is easy to create multiple similar flows. You only need to create a flow for a specific bucket, then use Save as to create a copy, and then change the bucket name and Other conditions.

Please refer to the following method to configure screenshots, use List buckets action to get all buckets.

• Use the Filter array to filter out buckets with equal bucket ids and get bucket names.
  • Then check if the bucket name is the expected one in Condition and add other conditions.

Expression reference:

if(equals(length(body('Filter_array')),0),'',body('Filter_array')[0]['name'])

Image reference:

99.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (51,577)