cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnaJordan
Level: Powered On

Create flow that differentiates between buckets

Hi all,

I have a planner plan that has 6 different buckets, within each of those buckets are (as you would expect) tasks.  The buckets represent meetings/committees and the tasks are actions required either before or after each meeting/committee.  I have successful created a flows that will send reminder emails 2 weeks and 10 days prior to the meeting however each bucket requires a different reminder timeline e.g. Meeting1 requires 2 weeks prior, Meeting2 requires 2 days after.

So my question is, how do i differentiate between the buckets to apply a specific set of flows?  All help would be very much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create flow that differentiates between buckets

Hi @AnnaJordan ,

If you want to be able to distinguish different buckets and execute corresponding actions in the same Flow, you can achieve your needs by adding branches or Switch.

But I recommend that you create multiple flows for different buckets separately. It is easy to create multiple similar flows. You only need to create a flow for a specific bucket, then use Save as to create a copy, and then change the bucket name and Other conditions.

Please refer to the following method to configure screenshots, use List buckets action to get all buckets.

• Use the Filter array to filter out buckets with equal bucket ids and get bucket names.
  • Then check if the bucket name is the expected one in Condition and add other conditions.

Expression reference:

if(equals(length(body('Filter_array')),0),'',body('Filter_array')[0]['name'])

Image reference:

99.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
PowerBack19
Level 8

One of the actions for Planner is "List buckets". You could use this action followed by Switch control. For each Case in the Switch, you can specify the name of each bucket. Then you can build out the remaining actions such as the meeting notifications, etc.

Planner - List buckets action.pngPlanner - List buckets action

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AnnaJordan ,

If you want to be able to distinguish different buckets and execute corresponding actions in the same Flow, you can achieve your needs by adding branches or Switch.

But I recommend that you create multiple flows for different buckets separately. It is easy to create multiple similar flows. You only need to create a flow for a specific bucket, then use Save as to create a copy, and then change the bucket name and Other conditions.

Please refer to the following method to configure screenshots, use List buckets action to get all buckets.

• Use the Filter array to filter out buckets with equal bucket ids and get bucket names.
  • Then check if the bucket name is the expected one in Condition and add other conditions.

Expression reference:

if(equals(length(body('Filter_array')),0),'',body('Filter_array')[0]['name'])

Image reference:

99.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,388)