cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create flow to create new document in SharePoint online library

I have a document library for a weekly meeting. I want the library to automatically create a new document every Tuesday afternoon. 

How can I set this up in a flow to create a new document every Tuesday. 

This document library has its own unique template.

It would be great if this workflow would as set title of document to:   "StaffNotes.WeekOf. "&TEXT(Created-WEEKDAY(Created,3)+7,"mm-dd-yyyy")

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create flow to create new document in SharePoint online library

Hi @ MicroARich,

Could you please share more details about the new document that you would like to create every Tuesday?

Could you please share more details about the unique template that the new document use?

Could you please share more details about the title which contain "&TEXT(Created-WEEKDAY(Created,3)+7" that you mentioned you want to use?

You could take a try to create a flow as screenshot below:

1.png2.png

The flow would run successfully as below:

1.png

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its a weekly meeting notes file that multiple people go in and edit on a weekly basis. It is an excel file I have set as the template to the document library where I want this to run on. The point is to create a new document each week called: Notes.WeekOf.03-26-18.xlsx. this document should have been created last Tuesday for users to edit for a meeting tomorrow 3/27/18. Tomorrow afternoon a new document should be created called Notes.WeekOf.04-02-18.xlsx for users to edit the next week.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ MicroARich,

Have you try my solution to solve your problem?

I have made a test on my side, and the solution is worked on my side, please take a try to follow my workaround to solve your problem.

Please let me know if the prolem is solved.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuazh-msft I have set up something similar see my screen shots below.2018-04-04 07_40_54-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow1.png2018-04-04 07_41_27-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow2.png2018-04-04 07_42_07-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow3.png2018-04-04 07_42_37-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow4.png2018-04-04 07_44_48-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow5.png

It is very similar to yours, however, it has yet to run successfuly and create the file.  The last two weeks it has run sucessfuly but no file was created.  Once it completes sucessfully I will let you know.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,582)