cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surlesc
Regular Visitor

Create flow to grab files from FTP and place in Sharepoint

I've been trying to get a flow that will grab all files with a folder from an external FTP server and place within a folder in Sharepoint. So far it has been a struggle. I was able to find one that is close to what Im looking for but get and error when on the last step of the flow. I have attached an image of the current flow I'm working with.

FTP.JPG

So far not much luck trying to get that to work. I also tried another method but this only works when I run a test and not automatically. Here is that flow

FTP2.JPG

If there is any advice on what I can do to get this working that would be amazing! 

6 REPLIES 6
ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

Try editing the flow so that it has only one Apply to each loop:

2021-10-19_23-39-06.png

For the trigger When a file is added or modified, the trigger does not fire if a file is added/updated in a subfolder

Ellis

Thanks for the reply and tip. I've tried adding a step straight from "get file content" section but when I try to populate file name in the "create file" section it adds the second loop automatically. Am I doing something wrong?

ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

Here is an other example of a working flow. It lists files from an FTP site, and saves files that are of type text to a SharePoint site:

2021-10-20_13-26-34.png

Can you try using the Display Name from the dynamic content (although Name should work fine)?

2021-10-20_13-29-28.png

Ellis

I created a flow similar to the one you last posted and got an error when at the apply to each step. Here is the error I received:

flow-error-2.JPG

Here is the flow I made that is similar to your except using a recurring trigger.

flow2.JPG

I am using Box.com to FTP from so not sure if that could be causing the error but I haven't had issue normally FTPing into it. Any advice on why the apply to each is erroring?

Have you run this and it worked successfully?

ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

Yes, the flow runs fine as along I remember to delete the files from SharePoint before re-running:

2021-10-22_18-17-26.png

2021-10-22_18-24-31.png

2021-10-22_18-15-33.png

If you want to try out the same flow, the site and connection I am using for demo flow is:

2021-10-22_18-20-48.png

Username – anonymous
Password – your complete email address (e.g. yourname@yourname.com) or just use anonymous.

Ellis

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (2,257)