cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KaterinaD
Frequent Visitor

Create flow to notify a user if mentioned in a post in Dynamics

Hi,

I need to create a Power Automate flow to create a card in the assistant in Dynamics when a user is tagged in a post in the Accounts timeline.

What is the best possible way to achieve this? 

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
wlcasale

Hi Katerina, 

Did you ever find the answer to this question? I am looking for a similar solution. I want to create a flow to send an in-app notification when mentioned in a post or note 

Govardhan
Regular Visitor

Hello Katerina,

Have you got any resolution to the issue..??

KaterinaD
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Govardhan and @wlcasale,

There is no longer a possibility to create in-app notifications in Dynamics through Power Automate as the Dynamics connector in Power Automate is deprecated.

Instead of creating a notification in Dynamics, I am sending a notification to all mentioned users in Microsoft Teams.

1. I am using the "When a record is created" trigger to run the flow when a new Post is created

KaterinaD_0-1665689888551.png

2. I am listing all the users added to the system (to get the ID of the mentioned user)

KaterinaD_1-1665689986434.png

3. I use Apply to each to loop through the users and check in a condition if the text in the Post contains the fullname and ID of existing user/s

KaterinaD_2-1665690182620.png

4. At the end I am using the "Post message in a chat or channel" action to send a notification in Teams if the condition is satisfied

KaterinaD_3-1665690421265.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,124)