cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KaterinaD
Frequent Visitor

Create flow to notify a user if mentioned in a post in Dynamics

Hi,

I need to create a Power Automate flow to create a card in the assistant in Dynamics when a user is tagged in a post in the Accounts timeline.

What is the best possible way to achieve this? 

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
wlcasale

Hi Katerina, 

Did you ever find the answer to this question? I am looking for a similar solution. I want to create a flow to send an in-app notification when mentioned in a post or note 

Govardhan
Regular Visitor

Hello Katerina,

Have you got any resolution to the issue..??

KaterinaD
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Govardhan and @wlcasale,

There is no longer a possibility to create in-app notifications in Dynamics through Power Automate as the Dynamics connector in Power Automate is deprecated.

Instead of creating a notification in Dynamics, I am sending a notification to all mentioned users in Microsoft Teams.

1. I am using the "When a record is created" trigger to run the flow when a new Post is created

KaterinaD_0-1665689888551.png

2. I am listing all the users added to the system (to get the ID of the mentioned user)

KaterinaD_1-1665689986434.png

3. I use Apply to each to loop through the users and check in a condition if the text in the Post contains the fullname and ID of existing user/s

KaterinaD_2-1665690182620.png

4. At the end I am using the "Post message in a chat or channel" action to send a notification in Teams if the condition is satisfied

KaterinaD_3-1665690421265.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,359)