cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

Create instances of a recurring outlook 365 event in SharePoint

I have a simple business requirement but have a hard time implementing it. As a user, I want to schedule recurring appointments in Outlook, then edit each instance separately in a SharePoint list and add extra information to it.

I have tried two different approaches:

1. I created a flow which is triggered when a new event is created, then used the SharePoint Create item action to insert the values in my SharePoint list. The flow works but only inserts one record.
  2. I created a flow which is triggered when a new event is created, then I called the Get event(V3) outlook action to get all calendar items (I didn't use any ODATA filter for simplicity). Then within an Apply to each loop action, I used SharePoint Create item action to insert the values in my SharePoint list. The flow works but only inserts one record.

sharepoint.png2nd approach

So both approaches return the first instance of the recurring event.

Do you know if this can be implemented, and could you please guide me how to do it?

Thanks,

Edwin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

Re: Create instances of a recurring outlook 365 event in SharePoint

Mable,

I was able to find the correct way to do this. I should have used "GetEventsCalendarViewV2" to get a list of all instances of the events. the "Get Events" action, returns the master event only.

sharepoint2.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

Hi Mable,

Sorry, I cannot connect my question to your answer. I'm using outlook and Sharepoint connectors, you are using Azure DevOps I guess. please elaborate more, if you don't mind.

Edwin

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Edwin-Abdalian ,

I have started a flow to test this issue, it seems that only one event could be got from the recurrence events.

1.PNG

I am not sure if it is a default behavior of Flow, I will help confirm this issue on my side and back to you later.

PS: I deleted the previous worng post, please check this new one.

Best regards,

Mabel      

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

Mable,

I was able to find the correct way to do this. I should have used "GetEventsCalendarViewV2" to get a list of all instances of the events. the "Get Events" action, returns the master event only.

sharepoint2.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,137)