cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NadiaM

Create item automatically in a sharepoint calendar

Hello!

I have created a calendar in sharepoint and a form to booking that calendar.

When I fulfill the form automatically I would like to see that event item directly in calendar in sharepoint. The problem is that the only trigger available in Power automate is to create an item from a list, the calendar actually is a list, but If I put the name of the calendar, an error appear. Do you know how can I solve it?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
mahoneypat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can just type the name of the Calendar (list) even if it doesn't show in the drop down with your others lists.  Just click on Enter Custom Value, enter the names, and then wait a few seconds (you may see an error initially but it should go away; that's what I saw when I just tried it).

mahoneypat_0-1616155752761.png

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

NadiaM

I solve It! 

It was because the name calendar was renamed. With the original name It works!

Thanks

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
mahoneypat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can just type the name of the Calendar (list) even if it doesn't show in the drop down with your others lists.  Just click on Enter Custom Value, enter the names, and then wait a few seconds (you may see an error initially but it should go away; that's what I saw when I just tried it).

mahoneypat_0-1616155752761.png

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Thanks, I tried It but this Is the error and I cannot go on

image001.jpg

chrissahagun
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello.  Are you getting the calendar name from the URL? If so, it might be an old name that you're using.  Access your Calendar in SharePoint, navigate to the Calendar Ribbon, then "List Settings", then at the top of the next screen you'll see the current and proper name.  That's what you need to copy, and paste exactly into the list name in Flow.

chrissahagun_0-1616164189764.png

chrissahagun_2-1616164392635.png

and as @mahoneypat said, just put the name there and wait for a few seconds.  You'll know it worked when the columns are populated in the step.

NadiaM

Thanks for the support! I Will try It!

I tryed but there Is another error as screenshot shows.

 what could be the problem?

image001 (1).jpg

chrissahagun
Resolver II
Resolver II

For troubleshooting purposes...

. I find it strange that Flow is highlighting the Sharepoint Site text box instead of the List Name text box.  Can you doublecheck the site URL?

2. Refresh your Power Automate browser tab, all the steps you've been doing. did it work?

3. Open again your flow, put in the proper name of the SharePoint Site.  As for the List name, put any other list that is not a calendar.  Also expect a dropdown list of suggestions, based on the sharepoint site you provided.  Did you see the dropdown list from the input box?  did Flow accept that normal list?

4. Try to create a new calendar with a simple one-word name, and try to put that in your flow. How did it go?

Ho, thanks but I try all your options and doesn't work anymore

image001 (2).jpg

The First list Is the element to put in calendar, lista Milano that I put in the First step.in the second I put the name of calendar as you suggest me.

But doesn't work.

image001 (3).jpg

NadiaM

I solve It! 

It was because the name calendar was renamed. With the original name It works!

Thanks

Congratulations! 🎉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,233)