cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

'Create item' sharepoint limit

Hello, 

Is it possible to overcome an apply to each limit of 100 items when using a sharepoint connector? I see that "get items" has the option under pagination to increase the number of items. 

What am I trying to do? I'm trying to query the graph explorer and request time off reasons between a defined time (e.g. 2021) and populate that to a sharepoint list. 

The graph query works fine and extracts the information I'd like, which I am parsing through a json connector...the bit that I'm stumbling upon is that when I try to create an individual list item, I am reaching a 100 item limit. 

The flow looks like:

Picture1.png

Any assistance or direction to another method would be much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @craigmk1987 

Not sure what you meant by not getting duplicate entries. I was expecting the http action inside the Do until loop and in each iteration you need to change the number of record parameters each time, so that you can retrieve all the records 1 to 100, 101 to 200 and so on. Also for this your HTTP API should support pagination.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @craigmk1987 

Can you set the limit to 100 records in your HTTP request and implement a recursive call back to same HTTP until all the records are retrieved? Do may need to look the Do Until loop action step to achieve this.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Thank you for your reply. 

I'm not sure that you can set up a limit on the http request I was using:

Picture2.png

I'm not familiar with using the "do until loop". Are you able to point me in the right position

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @craigmk1987 

You can't set the limit under the settings.

To retrieve using Do Until please see 

How to get more than 5000 items from SharePoint Online in Flow - Alex Tofan's blog

In your case you need to use the HTTP action step and increment the pagination records under the loop.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Thank you, I've had a brief look and will see if i can find what I'm looking for here 🙂

Hello Abm, I've looked at the loop until function that you suggested (thank you again!). 

I have managed to get my http request to create more than one item, but I'm not getting duplicate entries of the same thing (agh!). I'm sure the solution is probably quite simple, but I wondered if you had any suggestions.

This is how my flow now looks:

Hi @craigmk1987 

Not sure what you meant by not getting duplicate entries. I was expecting the http action inside the Do until loop and in each iteration you need to change the number of record parameters each time, so that you can retrieve all the records 1 to 100, 101 to 200 and so on. Also for this your HTTP API should support pagination.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (69,167)