cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Create list item based on selected item in another file failing

I have created a flow (screen shots below) to create a list item based on a selected item in another list. When I run the flow, I am having trouble filtering items from a third list which has data critical to the item being created. 

Create Resource Load Task v1024_1.jpgCreate Resource Load Task v1024_2.jpgCreate Resource Load Task v1024_3.jpgCreate Resource Load Task v1024_4.jpgCreate Resource Load Task v1024_5.jpgCreate Resource Load Task v1024_6.jpgCreate Resource Load Task v1024_7.jpgCreate Resource Load Task v1024_8.jpgCreate Resource Load Task v1024_9.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Create list item based on selected item in another file failing

Hi @mentioch,

You could have a try the expression item()?['Course'] or items('Apply_to_each_3')?['Course'] in the filter query.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mentioch,

In the last step that Get items with Filter query seems not correct, in the inputs of the Filter query, the syntax not correct, it should be columnName eq 'value':Annotation 2020-01-20 101415.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thx for your reply @v-litu-msft. Here is the syntax I used.

InkedCreate Resource Load Task v.011 Case Doc.v.01_LI.jpg

I tried this because when I spell out ColumnName it still doesn't work.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mentioch,

You could have a try the expression item()?['Course'] or items('Apply_to_each_3')?['Course'] in the filter query.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thx for your reply @v-litu-msft. This worked. I had to make some other changes, but the flow is working perfectly now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,859)