cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonnShea
Regular Visitor

Create multiple tasks in planner from one row of data?

I'm trying to create a flow that automates creating tasks in Planner based on observations from a Microsoft Form into a SharePoint List.  

In the form it asks for a number of observations (1,2 or 3) Based on which number you select, 1,2 or 3 texts boxes appear for you to answer. This flows into a SharePoint list where everything goes across in one row.  "Title" "Observation 1" "Observation 2" "Observation 3" and so on. 

What I'm trying to do is create a flow that if there is only 1 observation in the row, create a task with the title and observation.  If there are 2 or 3 observations.  Create 2 or 3 tasks using the same title in the row. 

If this is not possible, is there a way to break down 3 sets of observations into 3 different rows with the same title?

JonnShea_3-1643334099226.pngJonnShea_2-1643333969575.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JonnShea
Regular Visitor

I was able to figure something out.  I used the drop down in the form for a guidance to make parallel flows.  I used the drop down list as a condition where if it was greater than 2 it would create 2, if it was greater than 3 it would create 3. 

JonnShea_0-1643736943789.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nikith_k
Regular Visitor

Just get the property 'Number of Observation'(as given in Forms) and convert it into integer. Then  initialize a variable of type integer and set value to 1.  Perform "Do Untill" action and add condition('Variable Name' is greater than  'Number of Observation' ) 

Inside DO until Condition:

1. Add Create Task action

2. Add 'Increment Variable' action and its value to 1.

Nikith_k_0-1643373294870.png

I tried to use your flow process, but I received an error:

"Flow save failed with code 'InvalidTemplate' and message 'The template validation failed: 'The action(s) 'Get_response_details' referenced by 'inputs' in action 'Do_until' are not defined in the template.'.'." 

In the form, there is a drop down question asking how many responses you want, 1=1 text box and so on.  Each response goes into the SharePoint List in their own column (Observation 1, Observation 2, Observation 3) With that, there are 3 data points I would like to break up into 3 tasks in planner, but use the same title for each. 

Is it easier to break it down the three answers into 1 column? if so, how do you do that?

JonnShea_0-1643379059847.png

JonnShea_1-1643379246144.png

Nikith_k
Regular Visitor

Pic1.png

pic2.png

 This is full flow.

JonnShea
Regular Visitor

I was able to figure something out.  I used the drop down in the form for a guidance to make parallel flows.  I used the drop down list as a condition where if it was greater than 2 it would create 2, if it was greater than 3 it would create 3. 

JonnShea_0-1643736943789.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,253)