cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonnShea

Create multiple tasks in planner from one row of data?

I'm trying to create a flow that automates creating tasks in Planner based on observations from a Microsoft Form into a SharePoint List.  

In the form it asks for a number of observations (1,2 or 3) Based on which number you select, 1,2 or 3 texts boxes appear for you to answer. This flows into a SharePoint list where everything goes across in one row.  "Title" "Observation 1" "Observation 2" "Observation 3" and so on. 

What I'm trying to do is create a flow that if there is only 1 observation in the row, create a task with the title and observation.  If there are 2 or 3 observations.  Create 2 or 3 tasks using the same title in the row. 

If this is not possible, is there a way to break down 3 sets of observations into 3 different rows with the same title?

JonnShea_3-1643334099226.pngJonnShea_2-1643333969575.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JonnShea

I was able to figure something out.  I used the drop down in the form for a guidance to make parallel flows.  I used the drop down list as a condition where if it was greater than 2 it would create 2, if it was greater than 3 it would create 3. 

JonnShea_0-1643736943789.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nikith_k
Regular Visitor

Just get the property 'Number of Observation'(as given in Forms) and convert it into integer. Then  initialize a variable of type integer and set value to 1.  Perform "Do Untill" action and add condition('Variable Name' is greater than  'Number of Observation' ) 

Inside DO until Condition:

1. Add Create Task action

2. Add 'Increment Variable' action and its value to 1.

Nikith_k_0-1643373294870.png

I tried to use your flow process, but I received an error:

"Flow save failed with code 'InvalidTemplate' and message 'The template validation failed: 'The action(s) 'Get_response_details' referenced by 'inputs' in action 'Do_until' are not defined in the template.'.'." 

In the form, there is a drop down question asking how many responses you want, 1=1 text box and so on.  Each response goes into the SharePoint List in their own column (Observation 1, Observation 2, Observation 3) With that, there are 3 data points I would like to break up into 3 tasks in planner, but use the same title for each. 

Is it easier to break it down the three answers into 1 column? if so, how do you do that?

JonnShea_0-1643379059847.png

JonnShea_1-1643379246144.png

Nikith_k
Regular Visitor

Pic1.png

pic2.png

 This is full flow.

JonnShea

I was able to figure something out.  I used the drop down in the form for a guidance to make parallel flows.  I used the drop down list as a condition where if it was greater than 2 it would create 2, if it was greater than 3 it would create 3. 

JonnShea_0-1643736943789.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,596)