I don't know if this is a question more related to sharepoint permissions, anyway
I've already done flow like this:
it will create new element on sharepoint list based on Microsft Form with attachement:
flow is run by a dedicated user called DMS
Unfortunately in this case the item in sharepoint is created also by this user (DMS) .
so I added an extra column "Osoba" which contains the form responder "Łukasz Świerżewski" in example above
The case is that i want everyone has access to this list, but I would like people to see only the items they added.
By default, the owner of this item is DMS(flow user), so I think I need to grant permissions based on this created column, but I don't know how to do it.
Changing the sharepoint list option below will not help because the owner of this item is still DMS
I also tried adding permissions after creating the item but the user still doesn't have permissions if the option above is enabled
Can anyone help me with this
If you want only the logged-in user's items to be visible, then start creating a new View. Make the view the default view and then specify the filter condition like mentioned below. Instead of choosing the Created By field choose the Osoba field and the rest came as the screenshot below. So whenever the users navigate to the list, they will see only their items. There is one caveat, the actual DMS user cannot see any items since the Osoba field won't have the DMS user. Make sure you navigate to the All Items view when you want to see all the items.
Ok but then when it comes to permissions, users will have permission to other items - it will only be restricted by the view. it is also about not having the rights to the others. as you know, I tried to implement a solution from another thread - sending a request which should change the author but it does not work
I checked the element link before and after request - ....._api/web/lists/getbytitle('MyFancyListName')/items(44)
I can't find the "Author" and "editor" values there but I see there is "AuthorId" and "EditorId" and it looks like my request is changing these values. because when I'm not doing the request, it's 11 and if request is performed it is changed into 10 and i know that it is correct user ID because I also have form responder in one column and it's actually 10.
The level item permissions were enabled before that , sorry this is in Polish language but is turned on properly:
Check out how to claim yours today!
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group
Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.