i would like to create a Flow that creates specific pages, pulled from a template section, in a section that has been created in the same Flow by a trigger event (new calendar event).
It should look something like this:
1. Create Calendar Event -> Create Section with Name [DATE / LOCATION / SUBJECT of Calender Event] <- This part i´ve got figured out (thx to the help of this forum, for more info look here https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Create-Notebook-Section-with-Calendar-Event-Date/... 😉 )
2. Create Pages in just created Section from Templates contained in Section MASTER in the same Notebook
I tried this:
but it failed on "to each 2".
I´m not a programmer, just a guy trying to get his head around this so please have mercy on my soul 🙂
Thx in advance!
Hi @DuckPuppy ,
Could you share the details of the error message?
Could you provide the configuration in Create page in a section action?
I'm afraid I haven't fully understood the intent of your Flow. It seems that you want to create a page in the section created by Create section in a notebook action.
Please try to click Enter custom value in Notebook section field and populate The pages Url from Create section in a notebook.
Hope it helps.
thanks for the input.
The idea behind the Flow is this:
1. A calendar event with specific content is created
2. Create a new section in a specific Notebook and set the name to Date of Event + Location of Event + Subject of Event <- This part i´ve got figured out:
3. The new created section shall contain all of the template pages which are defined in a template section (called MASTER or TEMPLATES or whatever).
The intended use is whenever a specific type of event is added to a specific calender, a new section in a notebook is automatically created, named with the basic information of the event and already contains a set of sub-pages which can be defined in a template section (e.g. Basic Infos, Customer Infos, To-Do-Lists...). We already do this by hand (for planning and structuring upcoming events), but it´s tedious and prone to errors (wrong dates, wrong locations etc...).
I hope this made things clearer...
Thanks again and best regards,
Ok, i made a little progress...
This seems to do the trick to create the pages with the content of the template section:
But i can´t seem to find a way to get the created pages titles set right. They are all unnamed. I can get the page titles from the template sections and write them into the body of the created page, but how can i set the titel of a page?
Hi @DuckPuppy ,
The OneNote connector currently does not support an explicit input parameter Page Title for the Create Page actions.
This is a limitation arising from the OneNote API implementation. However, the title can be specified as a part of the Page Content in HTML by using the tags.
Please check online doc and get more details:
Ok, I´m still stuck...
With this I can get the Flow to copy the pages contained in the template section to the new section created by the same Flow:
This produces that:
But it should look like this:
If I use the <title> tag, the dynamic title content is ignored all together:Outputs:
So, the titles are still missing. I´ve tried using the HTML tags <defining the <body> and <head> tags, but then i only get empty pages.
Any help here? Where would i have to define the tags if not in the content?
Hi @DuckPuppy ,
Please check this link and see if it helps:
Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!
Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021
We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!