cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DuckPuppy
Level: Powered On

Create or copy notebook pages from templates when new section is created

Hi,

i would like to create a Flow that creates specific pages, pulled from a template section, in a section that has been created in the same Flow by a trigger event (new calendar event).

It should look something like this:

1. Create Calendar Event -> Create Section with Name [DATE / LOCATION / SUBJECT of Calender Event] <- This part i´ve got figured out (thx to the help of this forum, for more info look here https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Create-Notebook-Section-with-Calendar-Event-Date/... 😉 )

2. Create Pages in just created Section from Templates contained in Section MASTER in the same Notebook

I tried this:

Capture.PNG

but it failed on "to each 2".

I´m not a programmer, just a guy trying to get his head around this so please have mercy on my soul 🙂

Any help?

Thx in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create or copy notebook pages from templates when new section is created

Hi @DuckPuppy ,

Could you share the details of the error message?

Could you provide the configuration in Create page in a section action?

I'm afraid I haven't fully understood the intent of your Flow. It seems that you want to create a page in the section created by Create section in a notebook action.

Please try to click Enter custom value in Notebook section field and populate The pages Url from Create section in a notebook.

Image reference:

27.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DuckPuppy

Hi,

thanks for the input.

The idea behind the Flow is this:

1. A calendar event with specific content is created
2. Create a new section in a specific Notebook and set the name to Date of Event + Location of Event + Subject of Event <- This part i´ve got figured out:

Screenshot 2019-07-03 at 09.55.58.png

3. The new created section shall contain all of the template pages which are defined in a template section (called MASTER or TEMPLATES or whatever).

The intended use is whenever a specific type of event is added to a specific calender, a new section in a notebook is automatically created, named with the basic information of the event and already contains a set of sub-pages which can be defined in a template section (e.g. Basic Infos, Customer Infos, To-Do-Lists...). We already do this by hand (for planning and structuring upcoming events), but it´s tedious and prone to errors (wrong dates, wrong locations etc...).

I hope this made things clearer...

Thanks again and best regards,

Daniel

DuckPuppy

Ok, i made a little progress...

This seems to do the trick to create the pages with the content of the template section:

Screenshot 2019-07-03 at 10.46.22.png

Screenshot 2019-07-03 at 10.46.35.png

But i can´t seem to find a way to get the created pages titles set right. They are all unnamed. I can get the page titles from the template sections and write them into the body of the created page, but how can i set the titel of a page?

Cheers!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DuckPuppy ,

The OneNote connector currently does not support an explicit input parameter Page Title for the Create Page actions.

This is a limitation arising from the OneNote API implementation. However, the title can be specified as a part of the Page Content in HTML by using the tags.

Please check online doc and get more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/onenote/#createpageinsection

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DuckPuppy

@v-bacao-msft 

Ok, I´m still stuck...

With this I can get the Flow to copy the pages contained in the template section to the new section created by the same Flow:

Screenshot 2019-07-12 at 12.45.33.png

This produces that:

Screenshot 2019-07-12 at 12.56.15.png

But it should look like this:

Screenshot 2019-07-12 at 12.58.51.png

If I use the <title> tag, the dynamic title content is ignored all together:Screenshot 2019-07-12 at 13.03.19.pngOutputs:Screenshot 2019-07-12 at 13.04.52.png

So, the titles are still missing. I´ve tried using the HTML tags <defining the <body> and <head> tags, but then i only get empty pages.

Any help here? Where would i have to define the tags if not in the content?

Cheers!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DuckPuppy ,

Please check this link and see if it helps:

https://prairiedeveloper.com/2018/04/microsoft-flow-updating-a-onenote-book-from-outlook/

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,782)