Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dennis1
Level: Powered On

Create planner task when mail isn't received with specific subject

Hi,

I'm looking for a flow that is checking for e-mails in outlook 365 with a specific Subject on daily base between 5:00 and 8:00. When there is no email received with that specific email-subject there should be made a MS Planner task. Can somebody help me how to build this flow when an email isn't received?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Dennis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create planner task when mail isn't received with specific subject

Hi @Dennis1,

Could you please share more details about the specific Subject that you mentioned?

I have made a test on my side, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

The expression in the Condition as below:

@and(equals(items('Apply_to_each')['Subject'], 'Special Subject'),greaterOrEquals(items('Apply_to_each')?['DateTimeReceived'], addHours(startOfDay(utcNow()), 5)),lessOrEquals(items('Apply_to_each')?['DateTimeReceived'], addHours(startOfDay(utcNow()), 8)))

Note: 

1.Please replace the Specail Subject in the expression with your Specail Subject.

2.The email arrived time in flow is Utc time.

Best regards,

Alice

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Dennis1,

Could you please share more details about the specific Subject that you mentioned?

I have made a test on my side, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

The expression in the Condition as below:

@and(equals(items('Apply_to_each')['Subject'], 'Special Subject'),greaterOrEquals(items('Apply_to_each')?['DateTimeReceived'], addHours(startOfDay(utcNow()), 5)),lessOrEquals(items('Apply_to_each')?['DateTimeReceived'], addHours(startOfDay(utcNow()), 8)))

Note: 

1.Please replace the Specail Subject in the expression with your Specail Subject.

2.The email arrived time in flow is Utc time.

Best regards,

Alice

Dennis1

Hi @v-yuazh-msft

Thanks for your time creating this flow for me. About the specific email subject: we receive every day 2 emails with the same subject (called KSD Conversion). When 1 or both emails isn't received we have to do some manuals actions and therefore we like that automatic created Planner Task.

The flow you created works fine, but when I test it every time a task is created, even when there is a email received with the subject KSD Conversion. So only when there is No email with subject KSD Conversion a planner task should be created. Could be my mistake because I'm just working since 3 days with Flow. Do you know what went wrong? 

Thanks again !

Regards,

Dennis

Dennis1

Hi @v-yuazh-msft

My mistake ! It works fine now! Thanks! it only creates a task when there is no email received.

Final question: Now the flow is checking only specific text in the subject. Is it also possible to check for the specific text in the email subject in combination with specific text in the body of the email.

Thanks again and keep on the good work !

Regards from holland!

Dennis

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 164 members 4,967 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: