cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Create reminder a document will expire

We use SP online and have a site with a document library that we use to manage contracts.  We'd like to create a notification workflow that sends an email to the document owner (metadata) based on a notification date (metadata), with a link to the document telling them the contract is up for renewal.  The notification date is a date column and the document owner is a people selector.

You could say I'm more of a Power User of PA and have limited development/coding/scripting knowledge.

The workflow should look like:

Every day at 8am get file property (notification date) from the contracts library

If Notification date is equal to utcNow('MM/dd/yyyy') or Today.

Send email to the document owner with a link to the document in the body of the email

During my testing, the workflow is telling me the flow was successful but ends at the condition and in the yes field there's a message "ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied: The execution of template action 'send_an_email_(v2)' skipped: the branching condition for this action is not satisfied.

PA Contract Expiry Example.png

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @brandonklittle 

The reason for not matching the condition is due to your SharePoint column notification date is a datetime column. Try to format this column similar like the utcNow format 'MM/dd/yyyy'

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (93,555)