Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Create separate word docs based on choice column

Hey all, 

I have a SP list that basically collects hourly site summaries for people on a work site. In this list is a choice column that lists site locations. There are over 15 site locations and more added continually. I need to create a scheduled flow that makes a word document for each site, and includes their updates. 

I have have created a working flow that uses filter arrays for each site, but this will only work temporarily. I need a way for it to take the split the categories dynamically, rather than me creating a new filter array or using split for each site location name. Is there a way to to filter by category column dynamically?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

-T

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Create separate word docs based on choice column

Hi @TorreyFalconer ,

Can you post screenshots of your Flow, so I can get a better understanding of it?

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@rocamp  for sure. 

See attached photos of how I'm filtering the location, I think I said it was a category column, but my bad, it is a look-up column.

I have many more locations to add and so it would be really great if it would just automatically separate into each look-up option dynamically.

Thanks for looking into this with me.

POST1.pngPOST2.png

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@rocamp would you be able to have a look at this since I've now added some screenshots? 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,717)