cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tamras
Level 10

Create table (dynamic contents)

Is there a workaround to referencing dynamic contents in the File property? I already voted one of the suggestions but I really need some way to archive specific list items when project is completed. What I'm hoping to accomplish below is once user mark an item "archive" -- Flow will get all related items, export the filtered data into Excel, then delete the list items. Each archive process needs 1 workbook. 

2019-08-08_1553.png

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create table (dynamic contents)

Hi @Tamras,

What's the meaning of "delete the list items"? Do you want to delete the exported filtered data OR delete all list items?

If each archive process needs 1 workbook, it means you want to export multiple workbooks from the SharePoint list, right?

These are my confusion about your requirements above, and then I can see your steps with creating a table in a new create excel file, the next steps you want do is export data into the table, right? However, the Excel connector could not support input dynamic file name and dynamic table name into these actions. So your requirements may be cannot met.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tamras
Level 10

@v-litu-msft 

Lets say I have the following items on SharePoint

masterIDTitleStatus
1AArchive
1BCompleted
1CCompleted
2DCompleted

In Flow, when it encounters status 'archive' -- I want to create a new workbook (file name is same as MasterID) and export all items with the same MasterID, once exported delete all list items with same MasterID only

So yes, eventually, multiple workbooks will be created with contents related to its MasterID.  The owner of these items differ, so its necessary to export contents separately based on MasterID.  

Hope this make sense. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Tamras,

Thank you for your reply.

For the part that export items that with the same masterID and delete all list items are can be achieved, you can consider export it into a SharePoint list.

But currently, the Excel connector cannot support dynamic File name and table name input. For example, I want to add a row into a table, I need to select the table from a drop-down manually. If you put the dynamic content, it will report an error:Annotation 2019-08-13 094948.png

And multiple workbooks will be created, so it is not achieved with the Excel connector.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 349 members 4,213 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: