cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattMannion
Advocate I
Advocate I

Create task > Delay > update task (Never ending test)

HI All, 

I have created a flow that gets stuck in test without presenting any errors. 

The flow runs successfully but then gets stuck at the "update task details" step, time will just continuously elapse resulting in me having to cancel the test. 

I have looked at other posts and found that adding a a delay should resolve this issue, but even a delay of 2 minutes has no effect. 

updatetask.JPG

As seen below the test will just continuously run without updating the task details :

error.jpg

Its worth noting that the form response circled in blue below does not appear to be in the output shown above. I have used both the Parsed version of this from the branch on the right and the form response and neither show. 

updatetask1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MattMannion
Advocate I
Advocate I

Found the issue, I was using task title rather than Task ID. 

updatetask2.JPG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MattMannion
Advocate I
Advocate I

Found the issue, I was using task title rather than Task ID. 

updatetask2.JPG

View solution in original post

MattMannion
Advocate I
Advocate I

Found the solution to the second part of the issue. 

Rather than using the form or parse json output I have used the output from Excel. 

@{body('Add_a_row_into_a_table')?['List all issues that require a part_x003a_']}

Although ti seems I wouldn't be able to get around this if I had not updated the table row earlier in the flow. 

Thanks for for following up on this issue and sharing it with the Power Automate Community, it is greatly appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (28,778)