cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grzegorzdut
Frequent Visitor

Create task in planne from teams message (automatic)

Hi there,

I'm new to Power Automete, but I think it might be a game changer in my companys work flow. I just can't get it right.

What I'm trying to do is to autocreate a task when a message is added to a teams channel. The problem is that our messages are imported from Outlook by clicking "Share in Teams". That way a massage is an imported e-mail file (.eml).

When I use standard flow "Create a task from channel massage" by triggering the flow and filling in addaptive card it works just the way it supposed to.

How to make this automaticly (without a trigger) by adding an e-mail title as a task title and a link to channel message in task description?

So far I'm getting:

The request is invalid:
A null value was found for the property named 'title', which has the expected type 'Edm.String[Nullable=False]'. The expected type 'Edm.String[Nullable=False]' does not allow null values.

I get that it's cos my message is .eml, but how can I change that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grzegorzdut
Frequent Visitor

Hi there,

I have a solution. Insted of trigger "when a message is added in teams" I use "when file is added in Sharepoint". It works well.

Similar example below:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Attach-a-sharepoint-link-with-eml-mail-and-its-at...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ArchitectMadhan
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Grzegorzdut , the below link contains the steps to create the automated task in Teams based on the message received in teams.

https://www.loryanstrant.com/2021/02/19/a-simple-workflow-to-create-a-to-do-task-from-microsoft-team...

Please accept it as solution and give thumbs up, if it works for you.

Grzegorzdut
Frequent Visitor

@ArchitectMadhan Thank you for your answer, but it's not it. I need to skip the trigger (clicking "create a tas from a message"). I nedd the task to be created automaticly whan a message is added to a channel.

There is an option like that, but I'm having truble with automaticlly giving task name and description without an addaptive card since my messages are simply .eml files.

Grzegorzdut
Frequent Visitor

Hi there,

I have a solution. Insted of trigger "when a message is added in teams" I use "when file is added in Sharepoint". It works well.

Similar example below:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Attach-a-sharepoint-link-with-eml-mail-and-its-at...

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,134)