cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RuzickaV
Regular Visitor

Create task in planner form excel with macros (xlsm)

Hello,

can you please help me with creating flow to create new planner task from excel with VBA macros?

I am new in this and I didnt understand it to good to create right flow.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
rohentz
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @RuzickaV how are you?

@RuzickaV maybe you can use the Planner connector directly to create the task. Also, your flow can start when a new row is selected on Excel or when a new row is created.

Details about this connector and the actions that can be done is documented at Planner - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

Also there is a template that you can check at Create a Planner task and send email for a selected row in Excel (Business) | Microsoft Power Automa... on it, for a selected row an email is sent and a planner task is also created

Please let me know if this information helped to answer your question.

Regards

Rodrigo Hentz

Microsoft Support Engineer

RuzickaV
Regular Visitor

Hello,

thank you for your reply. But my probelm is in begining when I choose the excel file for power automate. My excel file is xlsm (with VBA macros) and the list what power automate offers me is only xlsx files.

@RuzickaV how are you?

@RuzickaV currently xlsm files are not available to do the selection. Even if adding the file name manually an error  will be throw from the API . 

Maybe this can be add as a new Ideas at Power Automate Ideas - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Please let me know if this information helped to answer your question.

Regards

Rodrigo Hentz

Microsoft Support Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (17,556)