cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JT-1964
Frequent Visitor

Create then update Excel Table Row

Newbie here! I have created a flow which sends multiple approval requests (in parallel) for a single document, to a number of departments or individuals.  When the approval is sent I have a step which adds a row to an excel file to document this information.  So if I send the document to five departments, there are five rows that are created, differing only in which department or individual it goes to.

JT1964_0-1664464306324.png

This works fine and results in the following table data:

JT1964_1-1664464836838.png

The problem is that I want to add information to these rows based on the approval response that occurs later on the flow. This way I can easily see who has and has not responded.  Currently, I am creating a second table to document response data. 

Is it possible to combine all data into one table?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Koen5
Resolver III
Resolver III

Dear JT-1964,

I do not see why not, did you try this already via the action 'Update row'?

The issue which you might face is to identify the exact row to update. One way in which I have solved this in many cases is to add a column called 'UID' (Unique Identifyer) and populate this with a randomized unique number, usually I just go for the expression Utc(now). This UID will uniquely identify each row which you can reference in the 'Update row' action.

Hope this helps, if so, please indicate in this thread for the other users.

Happy flowing,

Koen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Koen5
Resolver III
Resolver III

Dear JT-1964,

I do not see why not, did you try this already via the action 'Update row'?

The issue which you might face is to identify the exact row to update. One way in which I have solved this in many cases is to add a column called 'UID' (Unique Identifyer) and populate this with a randomized unique number, usually I just go for the expression Utc(now). This UID will uniquely identify each row which you can reference in the 'Update row' action.

Hope this helps, if so, please indicate in this thread for the other users.

Happy flowing,

Koen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,414)