cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cath_Tatham
Frequent Visitor

Created in specific year condition

Hi there,

I am creating a flow that will perform different functions based on the value selected from an option set on the canvas app. So, if the option '2019' is selected as the Tax year, one set of mails will go off, and if an other year is selected another set of mails will go off.

tax year condition.PNG

I have tried a few variations, including using the Initialize and Set Variable functions (see below) but cannot seem to get the condition to work correctly, and get the below error message.

variable.PNG

tax year error.PNG

Please can someone assist?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RoryL
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Cath_Tatham,

This issue can occur when evaluating a field and the data type is different than what the condition expects. In this instance, please review the data type that is being used for the Tax Year field and ensure this matches what the condition expects.

More information about how to check this is located here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-manage-fields.

Once the data type being used is identified you can build the condition to evaluate the value of the field based on the specific data type.

Thank you,

Rory

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RoryL
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Cath_Tatham,

This issue can occur when evaluating a field and the data type is different than what the condition expects. In this instance, please review the data type that is being used for the Tax Year field and ensure this matches what the condition expects.

More information about how to check this is located here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-manage-fields.

Once the data type being used is identified you can build the condition to evaluate the value of the field based on the specific data type.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi there, Rory,

That makes sense - thank you! I am still having issues though.

The field is an option set, and I have selected Tax Year Value as the value in the condition, and have used the value assigned to the option but haven't seem to have had any luck this way, either.

tax year condition 2.PNG

I still get the same error message.

Cath

Hi @RoryL ,

Good news - I fixed the issue! The error was higher up on the flow also in a condition, but the Tax Year section was the first place I found an error so assumed that was where there error was.

But your suggestion definitely helped in fixing the actual issue.

Thank you so much!

Cath

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,506)